06 July, 2012

Monthly Finishes, One Toss, and Must Finishes!

Sorry for the weird "lighting" and editing, I was REALLY lazy and didn't feel like editing these photos too much... So I just used an older premade action set that I had on Photoshop. I think they turned out okay... Haha.

Anyways, this type of post seems to be popular with a lot of people lately (Youtuber and bloggers alike). My personal favorite bloggers who do these monthly finish type of posts are tinyladylife and essiebutton! I feel like I've finished A LOT more products than the ones shown here, but I was either too lazy to dig them up (wherever they maybe) or I already tossed them. This is a collective finish, ha :P

Empties

Biore Pore Unclogging Scrub: THIS THING IS SO OLD! I used the last bits of it today and noticed it smelled funky, so I decided it was time to part. I really loved this scrub. The smell is really interesting, since it's a blend of melon and mint. It confused me the first time I used it, but made my face feel so so so clean. It has circular scrublets, so it's not harsh. I wouldn't say it removed my clogged pores, but with regular use, it got rid of them! This is my most favorite scrub by far. Unfortunately, Biore changed the packaging and formulation completely, so I'm not sure if the new one will bring the same effects. The original formula is available at CVS in travel sizes.

Olay Definity Moisturizer: I bought this because FutureDerm said it was her second favorite Olay moisturizer. She also mentioned it's supposed to lighten dark spots overtime. I didn't really see any results for that, but the only "dark spots" I have are acne scars, and they probably meant sun-gained freckles and age spots. I do notice that when I stopped using it, it was easier for my skin to scar. I liked the scent and formulation, though I remember this being pricey (for me).

Caudalie Premiere Eye Cream: I got two mini free samples from Sephora one day. I used it for over two weeks daily on my inner bags, (slowly coming) crow's feet, the top inner corners (driest of my eyes), and brow bone. So basically everywhere, haha! It did nothing for the driest parts of my eyes. I think the only place it helped were my crow's feet. I wouldn't buy the full size of this, as I already have many eye problems. It's worth a try if you're looking to prevent eye problems.

It's A 10 Leave-In Conditioner: I really liked this! My hair is very damaged and dry, thanks to a lot of bleaching and dying throughout the years, so I love love love leave-in treatments. I'd leave this in my hair ASAP in my shower. It lasted a while, and conditioned my hair nicely. I'd repurchase this.

Biore Steam Activated Cleanser: Another favorite! This was actually my second bottle. Again, Biore has since then repackaged and reformulated this product, so I'm not sure it's the same. It was very minty, but non-drying! My skin felt very clean and refreshed after using this. I LOVED how fresh it after my showers, but the effects wore off over time. I would repurchase if it were still available, but I'll give the new one a try eventually.

Tossing Out!
Heh... It's a little dusty. It's been sitting around.

MAC Studio Moisture Tint SPF 15: I bought this almost 2 years ago... It was my first MAC skin base product. I had heard a lot of good things about this, such as it's one of the better higher end tinted moisturizer around (before Bobbi Brown's came out, which I hear is good too). I really liked it at first, but over time it just became and okay product. It smells like paint, as do most MAC skin base products do. I think this is better for those who are looking to even out skintone and minor flaws. I wouldn't repurchase this.

Must Finish...

I believe traditionally a post like this would be called "Project Pan," but I honestly can't commit to not buying until I finish these. I'll try, but I can't commit!


That BB Seaweed is actually a finished project, and it slipped my mind when I was taking the photo... it's my favorite LUSH Fresh Face Mask! This was my second time purchasing it, and I loved it just as much as the first time. It smells like roses and mineral goodness, exfoliates, is gentle, softens... I recommend it for all skin types.

I bought the Missha BB Cream last summer for only $8! It was such a great deal, and I got a free one with it. Since it's almost a year old, I figure I need to finish it... The Maybelline Dream Smooth Mousse was my first foundation ever. I finished it up really quickly (no idea how! I never wore foundation until last school year), neglected it for a long time, and rediscovered it. There's hardly any left.


The MAC Fluidline in "Blacktrack" is pretty old too. It's a great gel liner, but it's hitting the two years old mark, so I should try and finish it up. It's still good after those two years! The shameful little sticks are Milani Liquif'eye and Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On. They're both okay... I have really watery eyes, so I'm looking for something SUPER waterproof. I hope I finish these up soon!

The Palladio Tinted Lip Balm is a pink bronzey color. I bought it impulsively a year or two ago because of emilynoel83's recommendation. I think I could have chosen a better color, without shimmer. The Olay Beauty Fluid is a classic, and I do like it a lot really. It's great for sensitive skin, but I just have SO many moisturizers, I need to clear things out.

Maybelline Illegal Length and Rimmel Lash Accelerator need to go. Mascaras have short lives, and I feel like buying multiples at a time is such a waste. They all go bad before you can finish them. I have another mascara to finish up too (Revlon Grow Luscious). 

Hopefully I won't purchase any type of product until I finish a different one of the same category! For example, no buying mascaras until I finish the ones I have. Over the years, I've bought countless cosmetics... It feels like such a waste not finishing them up and letting them go bad. Hopefully I can change my ways! :P

Congratulations for reaching the end of this post!

No comments:

Post a Comment