27 May, 2012

May 2012 Favorites

May has been a mixed bag for me. I finished my junior year of high school with mixed feelings. Anyways, my make-up has been pretty simple due to so many finals, exams, projects, and such. On any day I spotted eyeshadow, it was almost always neutral. I also went to my boyfriend's prom this month! Since it's nearly the end of the month, I figure it's time to include my monthly favorites.

L to R: Maybelline Fit Me! Powder in "310" | Wet'n'Wild Mega Last Lipstick in "Cherry Picking" | Maybelline Color Tattoo in "Bad to the Bronze" | Wet'n'Wild Color Icon in "Brulee"

A month or two ago, my friend who works at Target gave me his 30% off employee discount, so I picked up this powder. I was interested in a colored pressed powder since I was unsatisfied with my Laura Mercier loose powder. At first I regretted this purchase, but I've learned to love it! It's not matte, and leaves a decent lightweight coverage. I love that it adds a bit more coverage to any foundation or BB cream I wear.

I love these Wet'n'Wild lipsticks, and I think I've found my new favorite red. This is new to the permanent line (the shade). I grew tired of my bold true reds, and this just brought something subtly new. It's bright, but not true red. It comes off a lot different than it does in the tube!

The Maybelline Color Tattoos are fantastic. I particularly (and surprisingly) loved this shade the entire month. It's my go-to all over the lid shade. The word "bronze" originally turned me off to this shade, however I find that it's more a neutral shimmery shade... Bronze makes me think of more orange/warm tones. You can read my initial review here!

Wet'n'Wild truly kills it with their matte shadows. They truly make the best matte shadows I've ever, ever, ever used. They're soft and pigmented. This makes the perfect highlight and inner corner color.

L to R: Milani nail polish in "Totally 80s" | Maybelline Color Show in "Fierce n Tangy" | OPI "Mermaid's Tears" | NYC Quick Dry in "Lavender Cupcake"

I hope my selection doesn't seem too cliche. I wouldn't say it is! It's sort of a "twist" on the brights and pastels that often come to trend in the spring and summer time.

I love chartreuse, and I think Milani's "Totally 80s" captures it. This is the only nail polish I own from them, and I really want to try more. It's a great formula. Maybelline has a new range of nail polishes out, as I've mentioned in a previous post! I've been lurking around for a primary yellow and I've finally found it!

So looking at OPI's "Mermaid's Tears," you're probably just like, "God, another mint..." Wrong! I think this is a fresh take on the whole "mint" trend that's been around for the past three years. To me, this is more of a jade color and I love it! It looks so classy and polished. It looks really great with gold accessories and white clothes.

And then following the traditional pastel trend, NYC's "Lavender Cupcake" totally embraces the whole shebang. What attracts me to this color is how it looks like a pretty pastry (macaron perhaps?).

L to R: Physician's Formula Enriched Dry Skin Concentrate | Clean&Clear Advantage acne control moiturizer

Two skincare products that really helped my skin recover from a breakout are Physician's Formula's Enriched Dry Skin Concentrate (which I'm sure I've done a post on before!) and Clean&Cear's acne control moisturizer. PF's skin concentrate really helps hydrate and heal any dry skin of mine. I especially love applying it on my dry patches right after I shower. It seems to really lock in the moisture and keeps my skin feeling baby soft! It's helped with the healing process of my acne, since after they go, they get really dry. C&C's acne control moisturizer is something I used in middle school. The scent is nostalgic. Ha. It has salicylic acid in it, which is something I've been dying for in a moisturizer. I love wearing this during the day because it sits on my skin and creates a barrier between my skin and my make-up while treating acne. I'd definitely say it's helped clear up my skin.

What are your favorites for this month? Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment